What Are The Pros & Cons of Wooden Garage Doors?
Wood is one of the popular material for garage door. They enhance the curb appeal of your home with a timeless appeal. But wooden doors also come with a lot of problems. So, you need to know both the pros and cons of wooden doors before buying one. This way you can decide whether or not it is an ideal choice.
Pros of a Wooden Garage Door
- They are elegant. Having a wooden garage door can significantly improve the curb appeal and real estate value of your home.
- They can be customized to suit any size garage door opening. They are versatile and can easily fit to your opening.
- If you live on a busy street or in a noisy area, you should go for wooden doors as they offer soundproofing.
- They can be easily customized. You can paint the door according to your home’s exterior. They can be easily matched to your home.
- They are relatively damage resistant. They are difficult to scratch or dent. Even if they get damaged, they can be repaired easily.
Cons of a Wooden Garage Door
- They are heavy. It is difficult to open them manually. You would need a heavy-duty garage door opener to handle the weight.
- Wooden garage doors require a lot of care and maintenance. They start to rot soon so you need to sand and paint them occasionally.
- They need a larger initial investment. Though, a good wood garage door performs years to come, but they are expensive as compare to other materials.
Is It Right for Your Home?
So is a wooden garage door right for your home? If you are looking for a beautiful door that adds elegance to your home and you don’t care much about the investment, then it is an ideal choice. If you want an affordable door which doesn’t require much maintenance, then you should look for another material. If you are still confused, you can consult our garage door experts at Peel Garage Doors.